May 03, 2012
Note: This is currently supported on PC only.
At the PC:
1. Download the PC Fax driver for your model of Sharp MFP from:http://lesolson.com/support/drivers-and-software/sharp/.
2. Extract (unzip) the files
3. Double-click on Setup.exe to begin the installation.
4. When the Welcome Screen opens, click on Next.
5. At the next window, choose Standard Installation.
6. The software will begin searching the network for the installed MX with the Fax Option.
7. The MFP that you have installed will appear in the next window.
10. If the MFP DOES NOT appear on the list, click on the Specify Condition button, enter the IP Address of the MX in the space provided, and click on Search. When the MX is found, single-click on it so it is highlighted and then dick Next.
11. Verify and record ALL information in the next window (IP Address, MAC Address, etc.) and then click Next.
12. At the following window, click Next to continue the install
13. When the Installation Complete window opens, click OK.
14. To test the PC Fax Driver, click on Start and then Printers and Faxes.
15. Locate the MX Fax and right-click on it so the sub-menu opens and click on Properties.
16. When the Fax Properties window opens, select Print Test Page.
17. When the test page dialogue box opens, click on OK.
18. The Select Destination window will open. Enter the destination phone number of another fax number.
19. When the Set Job Parameter window opens, click on Next at the bottom of the window.
20. The Preview Fax Image dialogue will open. Click in the Log Viewer box and then click on Finish.
21. The Log Viewer will open; click on the X in the upper right corner to close it.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!