December 9, 2014
If you are unable to scan to email using GMAIL SMTP do the following:
2. Do a connection test on the web interface by clicking the Execute button (see image below).
1. Click Network Settings
2. Enter admin and click login
3. Click the Services Settings link
4. Click the SMTP tab
5. Click the Execute button.
6. Click the Submit button if any changes were made.
If the password has been changed, click the Change Password box and enter the correct password and click the Submit button to retain the settings. Click the Execute button to perform another test. The results should show "Connection to SMTP server test succeeded".
If the results shows "Authentication Failed" and you have verified that you have entered the correct username/password, copy and paste this link in a web browser: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and select Turn on. Perform another connection test to verify it says "Connection to SMTP server test succeeded".
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!