January 06, 2010Note: You will need the IP address of your Sharp MFP
Models: MX-2300N / 2600N / 2700N / 3100N / 3500N / 3501N / 4501N / 5500N / 6200N / 6201N / 7000N / 70001N / MXM850 / MXM950 / MXM1100
1. Connect to the MX s home page: Open web browser. (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox)
2. Type the MX s IP address in the address bar. (e.g. 172.29.x.x) Hit enter
3. Click the Login button on home page
4. Make sure login name is Administrator and type in the password of admin . Hit Enter
5. Select Application Settings from menu on left of page
6. Select Inbound Routing Settings
7. Select Administration Settings
8. In the Inbound Routing drop down, choose Enable
9. Leave all Disable boxes UNCHECKED
10. Select Print Out All Report
11. Click Submit to save changes
12. If you are forwarding all faxes then skip to step 17
13. If you have know numbers you want to forward from select Sender Number/Address Registration from left side menu
14. Enter incoming fax # to be routed in the Fax Number field. (use the number of another available fax machine)
15. Click Add to List
16. Click Submit to save changes
17. Select Inbound Routing Settings from left side menu
18. Click Add
19. In the Table Name field type Sales Dept (in most case you will want to enter the job title or department name of intended recipient)
20. If you are forwarding all incoming select Forward All Received Data and skip to step 23
21. If forwarding faxes from a known number select Forward Received Data from Below Sender
22. Highlight fax # you previously entered in step 13
23. In the address list below, place a CHECK next to the desired recipient from this fax #.
24. Click Submit to save changes
25. Notice the new table name is now displayed. Check Forward Activated and active Incoming faxes from that # will now automatically
be routed to the chosen email address.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!