February 18, 2013
Submitted by Brian Probasco
Many HP printers using a PCL6 driver receive a PCL XL error causing a blank page to come out after every print job or a jam on some models.
This issue can be fixed by enabling the following option in Printer Preferences .
To access Printer Preferences , follow these steps:
1. Open the Control Panel .
2. Open Printers and Faxes .
3. Right-click HP Color LaserJet Series PCL 6 , and select Printing Preferences .
4. Under the Advanced tab, change the Print Data Optimization from Auto to Optimize for Text and Vector.
5. Enable or turn Bitmap on (Very important) also, set the Truetype Font to "Download as Softfont"
6. Now try printing the document.
7. If the document did not print then try turning the printer off then back on. Try printing the document again.
If you cant find this in printer preferences install a PS or PCL 5 driver…HP does support PostScript without hardware changes